Every trip you take, where ever the place is, you get inspired by its authenticity and beauty. This is a wonderful idea to decorate your home. You can theme your home with inspirations drawn from the places you have visited.
- If you are a bright and bubbly person, you can theme your dwelling with ideas from the beach. Shades of blue and brown on the walls will give a perfect blend of sky and sand. You could replace huge furniture with hammocks and recliners. This will give a relaxed feeling of the beach every time you return from a hard day’s work.
- Some of you love antiques and history. You can find furniture designs based on the Victorian era or the Elizabethan era. Wood flooring with dark coloured carpets make a good combination. Colours like deep red and maroon are suitable for the walls. Book shelves and lampstands with a dull candle light CFL or LED lighting will do the magic of giving it a good old-fashioned look.
- Bring out the modern person you are. Metal furniture and modular furniture will provide you the right idea. If you have visited places like Malaysia or Tokyo, you can draw inspiration from the classy yet compact buildings of these places. You can get memorabilia from the airports of the places and decorate your home.
- If you are the adventurous kind, and have gone trekking and participated in adventurous sports, you cannot possibly be short of ideas. You can theme your home with ideas inspired by the serene Swiss Alps, or the dark corners of the amazon rain forest or even the dry lands of Africa, which could include subtle shades of colours for the walls depicting snow, forests or sand.
- Music lovers who have been to various music destinations like the rock ‘n’ roll hall of fame, USA or download fest in the UK, have loads of themes to choose from. You could use bands, art work and instruments to decorate your home. Every night is a rock concert. Vivid colours for the walls, instrument inspired furniture is just the ticket.
- If you are a peace lover and have travelled to places of Zen, like the high mountains of China and India, you could have paintings and proverbs painted on the walls with green and red with outlines of black and gold. Your home will be your “Zen Den”. You could use Feng Shui items to drive away the bad omens of your home.
- You experience a rush every time you travel to a new place. The confusion of wondering where to go and what to do in itself is the magic of travelling. Use that rush to energise and personalise your home. Brainstorm for ideas that will help you make your home a place that reeks of your creative ideas and spreads the energy radiated from your personality.
Each travel experience is one of a kind. You might visit the same place twice or more but the experience will never be the same. In the words of St. Augustine: “the world is a book, those who do not travel read only a page”. Your home may be another person’s travelling dream.
Author’s Bio: Lucy Daniel: a traveller and travel photographer. A freelance content writer for various financial website which help people know about concepts like missold ppi, credit card debts and loans.